How to Delete Microsoft Account 2022 Permanently
Until recently, Microsoft has had a monopoly on operating systems on personal computers, therefore, as it is not for everyone and today there are many more options, you may be thinking about how to delete Microsoft account , but don’t worry, that we will tell you the steps to follow so that you do everything correctly.
Things to know before closing a Microsoft account
- Keep in mind that for many years Microsoft has been integrating many services into its platform, to such an extent that many computers that come with the operating system already integrated, bring programs such as Skype, OneDrive, Outlook, and even Office 365 . All of them require a Microsoft account to be used.
- That is why we recommend that you make a backup copy of the files you have in the Windows cloud.
- You can also access the data from Xbox or gametag , and your balance will be lost forever if you delete your Microsoft account .
- The subscription will remain active , so do not forget to cancel them first so you do not follow them charging.
- It is an irreversible process , although it is not immediate, it takes about 60 days to close the account , to be sure that you have requested it, and you can cancel the process in that case.
- To cancel it, you just have to log in with your data and the deletion of the account will stop.
How to Delete a Microsoft Account Forever
- Go to this direct link from Microsoft
- Log in with the email, phone or Skype associated with that account and click next.
- Write your email again and click on ” Send code ” so that Microsoft can verify your identity. If you don’t have access to this email, click on ” I don’t have any of the options ” and it will let you add a new email.
- When you write this code, a new window will appear, review all the warnings and click on « Next «.
- You will need to check all the boxes that appear in the new window, select a reason and press « Mark account for closing «.
- You will receive an email with the exact date your Microsoft account will be deleted.
- To cancel it, simply log in with your data and the whole process will be permanently canceled. Of course, you must do it before the 60 days marked in the email you will receive, if you try after that date, it will not be possible to recover your Microsoft account.